The work of the II Meeting of the Intergovernmental Council of the Ibermemoria Sonora y Audiovisual Program ends.
Mexico retains the Presidency and the management of the Technical Unit of the Ibermemoria Sonora y Audiovisual Program.
Representatives of Argentina, Colombia, Spain, Mexico, Nicaragua and Costa Rica (acting by videoconference) as full members of the Intergovernmental Council of the Ibermemoria Sonora y Audiovisual Program, as well as the representative of the Iberoamerican General Secretariat (SEGIB), meeting in Mexico City, on June 29 and 30, 2017, and with the presence of observers of the representatives of Cuba and Uruguay, concluded the work of the Second Second Meeting of the Intergovernmental Council of the Ibermemoria Sonora y Audiovisual Program.
Work began on the meeting with the words of welcome from Jimena Lara Estrada, Director General of International Affairs, representing María Cristina García Cepeda; Secretary of Culture of Mexico, welcoming the international meeting and recognizing the efforts of the Fonoteca Nacional, which represents the Mexican Presidency in the Ibermemoria Sonora y Audiovisual Program, with the participation of eight countries.
She stressed that the Ministry of Culture gives important support to this and to all programs of Ibero-American cooperation. She assured that this meeting will have great benefits regarding proposals and exchanges between these countries to safeguard the collections that make up the sound and audiovisual memory of the region, a world heritage site for the future.
Enrique Vargas Flores, Coordinator of the Iberoamerican Cultural Space of SEGIB, welcomed the extensive call made by the Intergovernmental Council and endorsed the meeting, noting that the agenda had been well structured and delivered in a timely manner. It also welcomed the implementation of this Intergovernmental Council and endorsed the support of SEGIB towards the Program.
Ernesto Velázquez Briseño, in his capacity as President of the Ibermemoria Sonora y Audiovisual Program, restated the importance of promoting the Program once again to strengthen multilateral cooperation and stressed that the proposals and agreements previously made will be fulfilled.
The Intergovernmental Council, after fulfilling the order of the day approved by the members, defined the following agreements:
- The website was unanimously approved and its immediate publication at www.ibermemoria.org
- The Annual Operational Plan (POA) for the year 2017 was unanimously approved.
- It was approved that the Ibermemoria Program endorse its support and give a renewed impulse to the Ibero-American Diplomate in Audiovisual and Audiovisual Heritage. At the same time, the creation of an Academic Committee, composed of representatives designated by each of the member countries, and coordinated by the Presidency and Technical Unit, with the participation of SEGIB, will be responsible for determining the academic criteria, topics and content that Ibermemoria wishes to be included in this diploma.
- The ILCE will join this Academic Committee.
- The regulation governing the organizational life of the Intergovernmental Committee and its representative bodies is approved, which will be modified with proposals issued by member countries.
- It was approved by a majority that in the object of the Program, established in the founding documents, the management of the photographic heritage and collections as part of the audiovisual category should be added.
The Intergovernmental Council of the Ibermemoria Sonora y Audiovisual Program will take care that each and every one of the concluded agreements is fulfilled in a timely manner to achieve the preservation, safeguard and access of Iberoamerican sound and audiovisual heritage.
The Regulation governing the organizational life of the Intergovernmental Committee and its representative bodies is approved, which will be modified with the proposals issued by the member countries.